Friday, January 16, 2009

Pre-Weekend Update

I've said it before...one of the many reasons I love working downtown is the easy access to Pike Place Market, and the surrounding shops/vendors. I like it even better during the winter becuase, despite the cold weather and rain, it's much more tolerable...No tourists! (Or very few). I decided to take advantage today, and wander through the market to see if I would be inspired for dinner tonight. I ended up with quite a feast, though not much of it requires cooking. I first hit DeLaurenti Specialty Foods, probably one of my favorite markets ever. (Besides Oakville Grocery in Napa Valley and Hediard on the Rue de Madeleine in Paris). The overwhelming selection makes it tough to choose, but I selected a number of treats for our "Market Feast" for this evening. Aged Gruyere cheese & white aged canadian cheddar, some salamis...Framani Salametto & Hot Sopressata from Salumi, fresh bread from Macrina Bakery, caperberries, castelvetrano olives, and some white truffle honey to top it off! I then wandered into the market and picked up some lump dungeness crab meat, and fresh cocktail sauce, as well as some chilean cherries, california strawberries (so sweet for this time of year), and some delicious red and green grapes! Quite a feast! I feel so lucky every time I venture over to the market to pick up food for dinner. There aren't many places that give you such amazing access to fresh meat, fish, and produce. It's a dream!!



It's been a busy week for both Brian and I, so we're both looking forward to some downtime this weekend. We're doing some househunting, and then hopefully enjoying the alleged sunny day we're supposed to have tomorrow! Another post (with pictures) soon!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

cadre said...

Can I come for dinner?????

jen and brian said...

Sure!! Anytime!