Thursday, June 11, 2009

Almost Four Weeks!

Week four of Lily's life has been filled with all sorts of activities!

Last weekend Julia came home...for good this time! She arrived on Saturday and stopped by to meet Lily for the first time.





Sunday Brian headed off to work, and Julia and I headed off to Seattle. My Mom and her sister Linda (along with Lauren and Abe) ran in the Susan Komen Breast Cancer 5k. An annual event for them...I was unfortunately unable to join this year, but celebrated with a yummy brunch nonetheless. My mom came over afterwards to graciously help me out. It's so nice to have family close by!!

Admiring Lily


A nap for Lily and Nana


This week Lily and I have been trying to get into a routine of sorts. We spend the morning relaxing, reading, playing. Her favorite activity is dancing! She hangs out in her wrap while we dance around to music. Her favorites are Bob Marley, Stevie Wonder, and Chuck Brown...she has incredible taste in music. It's fun to have a dance partner, and a reason to act silly! My mom tells me she did the same thing with me and my brother and sister. Maybe that was the start of our love for music and dance??

Today we went to yoga for the first time at 8 Limbs, the studio where I did my pre-natal yoga. This is a class geared toward post-natal moms...the babies don't participate, but they watch and spend time with their mothers! If the Mom's are lucky, and the babies cooperate, it's a great workout. (And Lily did cooperate, she slept until I woke her up at the end of class to change and feed her.) We will be taking a class starting in July where it's more interactive with Lily (Called Itsy Bitsy Yoga), but this is great for the time being! . I took some pics at the studio...they're not great...sorry!

The babies lay at the end of your mat on blankets.


Mom...why'd you wake me up. I was so relaxed after yoga!


Lily "poses" in her car seat at the end of class




Other than that, we've been getting out on walks whenever possible, and meeting up with Brian during the day when we can. Brian's game is nearing the end, so he's looking forward to having weekends again. What a concept...I think he'll be taking some additional time off when the game is complete, so we're all excited about that.

And...Tomorrow is Lily's four week birthday. Time is flying by!

~Jen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

weekend!? remind me what that is again;)

cadre said...

I love your story this week! So nice to see Jules back in the photos too. Glad you and Lily had fun at yoga, and hang in there Brian!

bri and lisa said...

Lily is beautiful, we think she looks like you Jen !! Sounds like you guys are getting into the routine of parenthood. Much fun times ahead for you guys. Looking forward to meeting Lily and seeing everyone in July.