Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Update Time!

Lots going on since my last post...so I'll start from where I left off!

A couple weekends ago (I'm losing track)...I went home to my parent's house with Lily, and sadly...no Brian. Since he was working all weekend, I headed off for some help with little ole' Lily. We missed him terribly, and I hope not to do that again, but it was so nice to see my family!

Nana and Papa spend some time admiring Lily


Rian shows Lily how to play in the new sand box that Nana and Papa installed in the backyard


This is what happens when Rian is your hairstylist


Papa and Lily


Her favorite pose for sleep OR awake


Funny Faces


Nana & Lily


Julia gets her turn in front of the camera


We came back on Sunday and Brian left work eary to see us!

Brian cuddles Lily in the new outfit that Nana bought her


On Wednesday, Lily and I met Nicole, her Mom Christine, Jacqueline, Elliot, and Lia at the Woodland Park Zoo. Lily slept for most of the time there, but I know she totally enjoyed it.

I love flamingos...


I loved this duck even more...he thought he WAS a flamingo


This gorilla was chillin' in his hammock!


This creature was the scariest of all...and he resides in our living room


Saturday brought us back to the Zoo...this time with Rian, Kim, and Bo. They were in town for the day!!

While waiting for the crew to arrive, Brian and I encountered a peacock


The peacock totally performed on command.


Seriously, it was like he was posing for the pictures. I wondered where his tip jar was..


Rian showed up in her fancy new stroller...


Rian tries to climb onto one of the many statues at the zoo


Brian gets in on the action as well


A giraffe head...not much else to say about this


Elephant buddies



This orangutan had crazy cheeks!



Rian in the sun


This was the view we had of Rian about 90% of the time at the zoo. The girl can RUN!


Crows are scary, even the gold ones


The penguin exhibit opened recently


Rian seemed to enjoy it!


Sunday was Father's Day...Brian's first...and he got to take the day off. (The first weekend day he's had off in a couple of months) We met my parents, as well as Abe and Lauren, in Seattle for Brunch, and then hit the market to buy our dinner. We had spotted shrimp, halibut cheeks, New York Strip Steak, and a beautiful caesar salad for dinner. We opened a BIG bottle of wine as well...Joseph Phelps Insignia 2003. The dinner and the wine did NOT disappoint...

Photographic evidence of our big wine splurge


Some Daddy and Lily time on Father's day


I get in on the action as well...


This week we've not been up to much...we're preparing for Ron and Maggie's visit this weekend. We can't wait to see them, and Lily just can't wait to meet them!

Until next time...

Jen

1 comment:

cadre said...

What a great post and photos. I still think you need to write a book one day! xoxoxoxoxo